- Arctic Competition – read new rules for the 3rd edition
- ‘Thematic courses’ and regular lessons – new topics, new ideas!
- 1000 EDU-ARCTIC teachers on board – and counting!
1. Arctic Competition – read new rules for 3rd edition
Here we go again! The 3rd Edition of the Arctic Competition starts on 23rd of October 2018. Project summaries must be uploaded before 23rd of January 2019 at 11 am UTC, whereas the full proposals from teams invited to the second stage must be submitted before 14th of March 2019 at 11 am UTC.
In the 2019 edition 4 teams may win a polar expedition to one of two arctic stations: 2 teams will go to Northern Norway (NIBIO Svanhovd) and another 2 teams will go to the Faroe Islands.
Make sure to check NEW RULES – we followed your suggestions and there are some changes, for example – teams can consist of 1 or 2 students accompanied by a teacher.
2. ‘Thematic courses’ and regular lessons – new topics, new ideas!
Don’t miss our thematic courses - comprehensive series of complementary topics. Regular meeting and fixed hours are perfect for curricular and extracurricular activities, like science clubs etc
- Engineering and technology (Tuesdays, 11:00 UTC)
- People in the Arctic (Thursdays, 9:00 UTC)
- Mistery of glaciers (Wednesday, 11:00 UTC)
- Citizen science (Tuesdays, 07:00 UTC)
Note that after time shift, UTC hours will change in order to keep local hours fixed. Check calendar for details.
Don’t forget to enrol for all types of online lessons:
Face the secret invasion of alien species (24 Oct, 7 am), learn all about citizen science (25 Oct, 7.30 am), find out how satellite photos are made (31 Oct, 12 pm, part of Engineering and technology), meet Vikings (6 Nov, 9 am) and Saami people (8 Nov, 10 am, part of People in the Arctic); admire Aurora (9 Nov, 9 am), explore sixth mass extinction (15 Nov, 10 am) and check if we live in total CHAOS. (21 Nov, 8 am).
3. 1000 teachers – and counting!
We are happy to announce we have 1000 teachers from 56 countries on board! As promised, teacher No ‘1000’ + four other teachers will receive our EDU-ARCTIC backpacks. The lucky ones are:
- Anna from Moscow, Russia
- Sverre from Vadsø, Norway
- Alexandru from Piatra-Neamt, Romania
- Natasa from Kikinda, Serbia
- Amaia from Elorrio, Spain
It’s great to see our EDU-ARCTIC team growing!