EDU-ARCTIC is an EU-funded project focused on using Arctic research as a vehicle to strengthen science education curricula all across Europe. It aims to encourage students aged 13 to 20 to pursue further education in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
The EDU-ARCTIC project uses a mix of different tools to bring a fresh approach to teaching STEM subjects, including:
- online webinar lessons in virtual classrooms with polar scientists;
- a “citizen science” environmental monitoring programme;
- teacher trainings and workshops;
- online “Polarpedia” portal;
- a chance for students to win a trip to an Arctic research station!