- Arctic Competition results: record interest, brilliant ideas!
- Monitoring system mobile app available for public
- New online lessons
- A little gift for our active schools
Arctic Competition results: record interest, brilliant ideas!
We’ve announced the six winning teams of the second edition of the Arctic Competition. What a race! It was extremely difficult to choose the best participants, as 160 school teams from 19 countries entered the competition. 12 best projects from Greece, Spain, Poland, Belgium, Faroe Islands and Russia were invited for the final stage – online interviews with international jury.
The prize for the winners is to become Arctic explorers on a 2-week-long adventurous Arctic Expedition in August to either Hornsund in Svalbard or to Svanhovd in Northern Norway.
Our brilliant winners are:
- Judith Plaza Ortuño and Jordi Escofet Miró from Terrassa in Spain
- Glyceria Mpouki and Stelios Anastassopoulos from Karditsa in Greece
- Kacper Markiewicz and Eliza Golańska from Oława in Poland
- Triantafyllia Vaiopoulou and Stelios Anastassopoulos from Karditsa in Greece
- Pablo Gómez Toribio and Francisco José Gómez-Senent from Orihuela in Spain
- Javier Sánchez-Bonilla Martínez and Jose Francisco Romero Garcia from Pozuelo De Alarcon in Spain.
Monitoring system mobile app available for public
We’ve completed testing phase of our mobile app dedicated to EDU-ARCTIC monitoring system. Now it’s officially available for the public. Do not miss it in GOOGLE PLAY.
Remember, both teachers and students can use it; students can also win great prizes. Collect EDU-COINS, send us photos and share your thoughts!
New online lessons
Visit Polish Polar Station Hornsund and learn all about Day vs night in the Arctic, see Iceland – the land of air and water, meet The Arctic-people’s land, explore the world of Volcanoes and humans. Check, if geoparks may contribute to nature conservation, and find more about the Polar Explorer Day.
Finally, listen to our special guest scientist talking about Snowball Earth.
A little gift for our active schools
The end of second school year with EDU-ARCTIC project is approaching. It’s high time you show off a little – we prepared a special POSTER (A3 format) for you to downloaad, print and display in your school or/and classroom.
NOTE that by sending us photo you agree that it’s posted on our website/social media, with recognizable images of persons on photo!